- Compliance is NOT a measure of safety
- Current compliance levels wholly inadequate and do not reflect increasing evidence of health risks;
- Many countries have set voluntary exposure compliance levels 250-500 times lower than EirGrid (100 microtesla)
|Country/Region||Microtesla Level||Year of Implementation|
- A doubling of the risk of childhood leukaemia has been observed at 250 times lower level than the compliance level used by EirGrid (100 microtesla);
- Evidence of health risks related to EMF now stronger than the evidence related to the risks of passive smoking.