Standards of evidence for decision-making, as used in mathematical proof, scientific investigations, legal and public health.
Precaution necessary, because:
- Involuntary Exposure
- Association with cancers – classified as ‘possible human carcinogen’
- Strongest association with childhood leukaemia
- Responsibility on EirGrid to examine all possible alternatives
EirGrid literature (‘EMF & You’) misleading
- Magnetic field exposures last only for as long as the appliances remain switched on.
- Yet EirGrid compare EMF levels from hair dryers, TV’s and electric blankets to a 24 hour/7 days a week power line.
This is totally misleading in that it is equating a situation of very short-term exposure with one of permanent exposure